Now showing items 1-20 of 593

    • Students in front of Chapel-Music-Speech Building 

      Richards Studio (University Archives, Pacific Lutheran University, )
      Chapel-Music-Speech building in the 1950's, seen from the back entrance of Old Main.
    • Old Main 

      Richards Studio (University Archives, Pacific Lutheran University, )
      Front view of Old Main (renamed Harstad Hall in 1960). Taken April 20, 1950.
    • West Hall Laundry 

      Richards Studio (University Archives, Pacific Lutheran University, )
      Students do their laundry in the laundry room at West Hall, September 17, 1956.
    • Students in front of Old Main 

      Richards Studio (University Archives, Pacific Lutheran University, )
      Students standing in front of Old Main (renamed Harstad Hall in 1960).
    • Students in Science Class 

      Richards Studio (University Archives, Pacific Lutheran University, )
      Students in a science class in the old Science Hall, now known as Ramstad Hall.
    • Student in West Hall 

      Richards Studio ()
      A student opens the blinds in her room in West Hall.
    • West Hall 

      Richards Studio (University Archives, Pacific Lutheran University, )
      Students stand under the trees in front of West Hall, a residence hall later renamed Kreidler Hall in honor of Lora B. Kreidler, Dean of Women and long-time art professor. 1956
    • Students in Old Main Lounge 

      Richards Studio (University Archives, Pacific Lutheran University, )
      Eight female students in the lounge in Old Main. Taken 1952-53. Identified students: (left) Jean Cogburn, (center) Patty Molver and Marciel Fink, and (right) Phyllis Grahn.
    • James Gabrielson 

      Richards Studio ()
      James "Jim" Gabrielson poses for a photograph.
    • Science Hall Addition 

      Richards Studio (University Archives, Pacific Lutheran University, )
      The start of construction began on June 1958.
    • Science Hall with Addition 

      Richards Studio (University Archives, Pacific Lutheran University, )
      Exterior view of the north side of the Science Hall with the addition.
    • Science Professor Demonstrates 

      Richards Studio (University Archives, Pacific Lutheran University, )
      Science professor demonstrates to a class of students.
    • Chapel-Music-Speech Building Construction 

      Richards Studio (University Archives, Pacific Lutheran University, )
      Construction of the Chapel-Music-Speech Building, 1950-1951
    • West Hall Entry 

      Richards Studio (University Archives, Pacific Lutheran University, )
      Students Kathleen (Kathy) Almgren and Nancy Iversen and House Mother Freda Rouze are seen in the reception area of West Hall, September 17, 1956. West Hall, a student residence facility, was later renamed Kreidler Hall ...
    • West Hall Dormitory Room 

      Richards Studio (University Archives, Pacific Lutheran University, )
      In 1961, two girls stand in their dormitory room in West Hall, a student residence building which was later renamed in honor of Lora B. Kreidler, Dean of Women and art professor from 1921 to 1943.
    • Olson Auditorium Sketch 

      Richards Studio (University Archives, Pacific Lutheran University, )
      Sketch for the future Olson Auditorium, built in 1969 and named after Clifford O. Olson, coach and athletic director from 1929 to 1948. The architectural firm that designed the auditorium was that of Robert, Billsbrough ...
    • West Hall Cornerstone Ceremony 

      Richards Studio (University Archives, Pacific Lutheran University, )
      May 27, 1956, a crowd gathers for the cornerstone laying ceremony for West Hall, now called Kreidler Hall in honor of Lora B. Kreidler, Dean of Women and art professor from 1921 to 1943.
    • Memorial Gymnasium 

      Richards Studio (University Archives, Pacific Lutheran University, )
      Students in front of Memorial Gymnasium, spring 1950.
    • Tower Chapel 

      Richards Studio (University Archives, Pacific Lutheran University, )
      Interior view of Rose Window.
    • Memorial Gymnasium 

      Richards Studio (University Archives, Pacific Lutheran University, )
      Students enter and leave the Memorial Gymnasium, May 4, 1955.